Tuesday, May 24, 2016




I was hooked by french presses several years ago, and this is the most recent of several I have owned. Overall I'm happy with it, although it's not my favorite ever. The style is great, and it has a classy look that is cooler than others. Functionally, it does the job. The metal, mesh, filter glides easily when pressing the plunger down. The lid and handle are plastic, and have a little bit of a cheaper feel. Similarly the handle, while metal, is a little on the thin side.

The Good
- Has a very elegant style to it.
- The pressure required to lower the filter is     good, and not overly difficult.
- It makes coffee (and I would assume tea)       well, to the standard of other french presses.

The Bad
- The lid and top handle are plastic and feel cheap.
- The lid does not grip the glass carafe snugly.
- The side handle is metal, but thin and flexible.

The coffee this press produces is consistent with other french presses, and has been excellent so far. The filter maintains smooth contact with the glass carafe, and while it does not require excessive force to press down, succeeds in keeping grounds from sneaking into the coffee once it's ready to drink.

My primary dislikes are that the lid is plastic, and does not fit snugly on the carafe. Instead, it's loose and requires you to pay some attention to it when pouring. The top handle is also plastic and has a cheaper feel. Despite this, it has functioned well over the past week or so with daily use.

Overall I'm a fan, but will probably look for something with a snugger top, and all metal parts.

Disclosure: I received a sample of this item for free or at a discount in order to review. A specific rating of this product was not expected or requested, and the opinions of this review are my own, honest, and given after personally using the product.

Go get you one at Amazon.



Disclosure: I received a sample of this item for free or at a discount in order to review. No rating was expected or requested, and the opinions of this review are my own, honest, and given after personally using the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment