Monday, April 11, 2016

Darkiron N8 Headset

I've been looking for a pair of over-the-ear headphones for a while to use at work, so it's clear to people that I can't hear them when they walk up and start talking. I have been using these for about a week, and have been really enjoying them. They look sharp, the red detailing is tasteful. Some headphones go way over the top for my taste, and I appreciate that while there is a splash of color, it's not obnoxious.

The sound quality is very good, and I'm getting the full range of highs and lows. These are capable of reaching a solid level of volume, without getting scratchy or distorted. Also, when these are on, they block exterior sound very well. One thing I did note, is there is a fair amount of noise that bleeds outside the headphones. I have to be careful, using them at work, not to turn them up too loud as people in the desks nearest mine can definitely hear them clearly if the volume is up to high.

I'm also a big fan of longer chords. For some, this might be a con, but I appreciate the ability to have it stretch wherever I want it to. The volume and controls work fine. They aren't incredibly flashy, but do the job.

The Good
• Aesthetically sharp, with a little color and not obnoxious.
• The Sound quality is really good.
• A long chord and basic controls on the chord is a plus for me.

The Bad
• Noise-bleed outside of the headphones. Definitely something to be aware of if using in a public space, or working near others.

All in all, a great pair of headphones that I'm enjoying using on an almost daily basis. My only hangup is the noise-bleed, but it's not a deal killer for me.

Disclosure: I received a sample of this item for free or at a discount in order to review. No rating was expected or requested, and the opinions of this review are my own, honest, and given after personally using the product.

Go get you one at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment