Friday, March 25, 2016

Magnetic Car Mount: Stalion Universal Cell Phone Car Cradle

I think the first question everyone has about any magnetic phone cradle is "Will it really hold my phone securely?" The answer to that question, for this cradle at least, is a resounding "Yes!" I tested over a few days with my Samsung S6, and also had a buddy test with his S7 Edge, and both phones locked in and didn't budge. This included driving in rush hour with frequent stops, around town, turning at various speeds and even a few bumps. The clips that hold the cradle to the vents also create very secure connection. As a plus, I really love how low-profile the cradle is when a phone isn't attached.

I only have a couple criticisms, and they really are only sorta-criticisms. The first is regarding the joint that adjusts the angle of the head. It's difficult to get it tight enough so it won't loosen and adjust position. I was able to bypass this by the way I angled the vents, so that it was propped in a position that I wanted it. The second is the magnet that attaches to the case or body of the phone will block wireless charging. However, I was able to relocate the magnet to the bottom of my phone, which still provided a secure hold to the cradle, and moved it out of the way of the wireless charging receiver.

The Good
  • Is absolutely secure, even with heavy phones.
  • Cradle is low profile when no phone is mounted.
  • Can be setup in a way that will not block wireless charging.

The Bad
  • The join to adjust the angle is difficult to keep tight (But can be worked around).
  • You have to consider placement of the magnet on the phone so as not to block wireless charging. May be more or less difficult depending on the phone, and where the wireless charging receiver is.

All in all, I like this mount, and for this style of mount is a great choice. The couple cons I had aren't deal breakers, and were fairly easy for me to work around.

Disclosure: I received a sample of this item for free or at a discount in order to review. No rating was expected or requested, and the opinions of this review are my own, honest, and given after personally using the product.

Go get you one at Amazon.



Disclosure: I received a sample of this item for free or at a discount in order to review. No rating was expected or requested, and the opinions of this review are my own, honest, and given after personally using the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment